Summer is right around the corner which means salad season! Salads make great meals for the summer when it’s too hot to cook. Just throw your meat on the grill and toss with your favorite greens and other treats. Done! Dinner in less than 20 minutes that tastes great on your patio! Steak may not be a typical meat considered for a salad but man does it rock! The savory flavor blends well with sharp cheeses, tart fruits, and leafy greens. In this case, pears and goat cheese or chevare. Tossed with my favorite balsamic vinaigrette, this meal is sure to please.
I love having salad for dinner. It really helps with cutting back on the carbs but staying satisfied with the meal. In our home, we try to have salad once a week for dinner for that very reason. Since we have salad for dinner so often, getting creative and trying new assortments is key. I enjoy the classics; Chicken Caesar, taco salad, and Italian chop salad. I have recently been working on my own collection as well which includes Bacon Blue Chicken Salad, Asian Chicken Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing, and now this! If you’ve never had a salad with steak, you need to try it. It’s fantastic.
- 1 lb tri tip steak
- Steak seasoning – My absolute favorite is from the Savory Spice Shop – Hudson Bay Beef Spice. There may be a store near you or you can buy online. Seriously, if you grill steak often, you need this stuff!!! Another good store-bought option would be McCormics Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- 1 12 oz bag of spring salad mix
- 1/2 cup chevre, crumbled
- 1 pear sliced and chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1/3 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette – I recommend Lighthouse brand
Season steak and grill to medium done.
Slice steak into bite-size pieces.
In a bowl add salad mix, chevre, pears, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Toss and serve topped with steak.