What goes great with grilled meats and hot weather??? You guessed it! Potato salad!! I really love the traditional potato salads with egg and mayo and pickle but it is time consuming and sometimes you just need a change. A loaded baked potato salad can be as simple as boiling your potatoes, cutting and chilling them, then adding everything you put on a loaded baked potato – sour cream, green onions, bacon, cheddar cheese, or whatever else you like. Here’s my version of this summer favorite.
- 10 red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup mayo or light mayo
- 8 rashers of bacon cooked
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cut potatoes in half and boil until soft (about 20 minutes).
- Cut potatoes into small bite size pieces
- In a large bowl put potatoes and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Finely chop or use a food chopper/processor to mince onion and garlic.
- In a medium sized bowl mix sour cream, mayo, onion, garlic, dill, and parsley
- Chop bacon or use food processor.
- Add the dressing, bacon, and cheddar to the potatoes and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve.