Finally! I’ve been trying to make a perfect tomato, basil, mozzarella meal. I think I’ve finally cracked the code!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Lighthouse Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 handful of fresh basil chopped (buy the big pack at the store! You’ll use it!)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Italian herb seasoning
- garlic salt
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 4 oz. mozarella fresca
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Linguine (boiled and drained)
In the crock pot place cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, onion, water, balsamic vinaigrette, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, Parmesan. Cook on low until everything is soft and blended. About 4-5 hours.
After the sauce is ready, rinse chicken and coat with pesto. Place chicken in a 9×13 dish with sauce around it. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Take out, cover chicken with thinly sliced mozzarella. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve over your favorite pasta!